Dr. rer. nat. Yan Zhu
Information on archiving:
Selected pages of this website are being preserved for archiving purposes. Since their contents are not getting updated anymore, the given information may be out of date or inaccurate.
In the year 2011, Yan Zhu has been Research Associate of the Working Group for Physical Geography at the Institute of Geography of the Heidelberg University.
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Water History & Water Culture
- China-related Water, Environment and Energy Issues
- Groundwater Resource Utilization & Protection
- Urban Environment and Hydrogeology: Air-Soil-Water, Land Subsidence Caused by Groundwater Over-exploration
- Environmental & Climate Change Influences to Groundwater
- Water and Sustainable Development: Water Availability and Quality in Different Scales; Artificial Groundwater Recharge; Water Purification by Natural Attenuation
- Hydro-ecology and Water Security in Arid and Semi-arid Areas
- Geothermal Energy Resource Utilization & Conservation
- Water and Health: Mineral Water, Geo-environmental Monitoring, Assessment & Remediation
RECAST Urumqi: Resource efficiency as a key to sustainable mega-city development in dry areas.
Project 1: Development of sustainable mega-city through efficient management of water resources in a semi-arid environment.
- FH-DGG: Technical Section on Hydrogeology of the German Society of Geosciences
- IHAS: International Association of Hydrological Sciences
- IWA: International Water Association
- since 05.2011: Research Associate in Institute of Geography, University of Heidelberg.
- 11.2010 - 04.2011: Scientific coordinator in Institute of Environment geology, Technical University Braunschweig.
- 01.1999 - 05.2004: Senior Engineer in Hydrogeology and Associate Professor in Environmental Science, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Zhejiang University.
- 01.1990 - 07.1997: Engineer in Hydrogeology, Research Department Manager, Geological Environmental Centre of Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou, China
- 07.1989 – 12.1989: Assistant Engineer, Institute for Geology and Mineral Resources, Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou, China
2010: Dr. rer. nat.
Sustainable groundwater resource management in China, University of Tuebingen, Germany
1998: Certification, International Advanced Studies Course
Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology of Tropical and Subtropical Regions, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- 1997: B.Sc Economy (second major), Land real estate management, College of Economy, Zhejiang University, China
- 1989: M.Sc.-Ing., Hydro-geochemistry, Chengdu Technical University, China
- 1986: B.Sc.-Ing., Hydrogeology, Chengdu Technical University, China