Yeran Sun, M.Sc.
Information on archiving:
Selected pages of this website are being preserved for archiving purposes. Since their contents are not getting updated anymore, the given information may be out of date or inaccurate.
- Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI)
- Social Media
- Location-based social network
- Spatial Analysis
- Spatial Data Mining
- Urban Geography
- since 10/2011: Doctoral candidate in the Research Group of Alexander Zipf at Heidelberg University
- 09/2008 – 07/2011: Master study at the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- 09/2004 – 07/2008: Bachelor study at the Department of Remote Sensing and Geo-information Science, College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Northwest University, China
Sun, Y. (2016): Investigating
Localityof Intra-Urban Spatial Interactions in New York City Using Foursquare Data. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 5(4), 43; doi:10.3390/ijgi5040043.
- Sun, Y., Mburua, L. & Wang, S. (2016): Analysis of community properties and node properties to understand the structure of the bus transport network. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 450, 523-530.
- Sun, Y., Li, M. (2015): Investigation of Travel and Activity Patterns Using Location-based Social Network Data: A Case Study of Active Mobile Social Media Users. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. Vol. 4(3), pp. 1512-1529, doi:10.3390/ijgi4031512.
- Sun, Y., Fan, H., Li, M., Zipf, A. (2015): Identifying city center using human travel flows generated from location-based social networking data. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design. (accepted).
- Sun, Y., Fan, H., Bakillah, M., Zipf, A. (2013): Road-based Travel Recommendation Using Geo-tagged Images. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems (CEUS). Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2013.07.006
- Sun, Y. and M. Bakillah (2013): Analysis of tourist activity based on the tracking data collected by Flickr. gis.SCIENCE. Vol. 26(3), pp. 87-92.
- Sun, Y., Fan, H., Helbich, M., & Zipf, A. (2013): Analyzing Human Activities Through Volunteered Geographic Information: Using Flickr to Analyze Spatial and Temporal Pattern of Tourist Accommodation. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, In Progress in Location-Based Services, (pp. 57-69). Springer: Berlin-Heidelberg.
- Du, Y., Liang F. and Sun, Y. (2012): Integrating spatial relations into case-based reasoning to solve geographic problems. Knowledge-Based Systems, 33, pp. 111–123.
- Du, Y., Ge, Y., Lakhan, V.C., Sun, Y., Cao, F. (2012): Comparison between CBR and CA methods for estimating land use change in Dongguan, China. Journal of Geographical Sciences, 22(4), pp. 716-736.
- Sun, Y., Du Y., Su F. and Zhou C. (2011): Study on the Suitability of CBR method in the estimation of Land Use Change. Process in Geography, 2011, Vol. 30(7), pp.912-919 (in Chinese).
- Sun, Y. and Du Y. (2010): Comparison of CBR and SVM method used in the prediction of land use change in Pearl River Delta, China. 2010 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computational Intelligence, Sanya, China, October 22-24, 2010.
Latest Revision: 2017-02-23