Call For Papers
9th International Symposium on Spatial Data Quality (ISSDQ 2015) Montpellier – La Grande Motte, France
Sep 29–30, 2015
as part of the ISPRS Geospatial Week 2015, Sep 28–Oct 3, 2015
Call for papers for the special session on
Quality analysis of Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) towards effective use
The aim of the session is to provide an interdisciplinary forum towards determining techniques and ideas for analyzing and understanding the quality of VGI. In addition to discussing novel ideas toward improving the quality aspects including completeness, thematic and positional accuracy, metadata, etc.
We welcome topics about (but not limited to):
- The latest state of the most used VGI projects such as OpenStreetMap, Flickr, etc. in terms of data quality,
- VGI quality considering the needs of particular application domains (e.g. environment, routing, disaster management, urban planning, etc.),
- The strength, shortcomings and solutions for improvement of data structures related to VGI projects for the purpose of long-termed development of VGI projects,
- The requirements of VGI projects to survive and keep attracting more contributions,
- Experiences, approaches, and algorithms for quality assessment specified for VGI data, and
- The criteria and standards for quality assessment for VGI data.
Submissions should fit to the ISPRS Template and range between 4 and 6 pages.
Accepted papers will be selected for oral or poster presentation and published in the ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. A selection of the best papers will be considered for publication in the special section of the Geospatial Week special issue of ISPRS journal.
- Deadline for Extended Abstract Submission: Mar 15, 2015
- Notification of Extended Abstract Acceptance: May 22, 2015
- Deadline for Camera Ready: Jun 15, 2015
- Early-bird registration deadline: Jun 15, 2015
The workshop shall encourage:
- Discussions and exchange of research experiences, approaches, and algorithms for enriching VGI data
- Understanding the state of the art in the area of VGI enrichment
- Identifying current knowledge gaps which will help us to clearly outline some short-term and long-term VGI enrichment research goals and themes