Dr. Nir Fulman
Dr. Nir Fulman is a PostDoc researcher at the Geoinformatics Research Group of the Institute of Geography at Heidelberg University.
- Geosimulation and spatial analysis of urban and regional phenomena
- Urban mobility, public transport, and parking search
- Health geography and spatial epidemiology
- Urban residential dynamics
- Data science, machine learning, big data analysis
- Urban Nature Experience, Biodiversity, and Mental Health
- 2017 – 2022: PhD in Geographic Information Science from the School of Geoscience, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Thesis title: Getting parking prices right in heterogeneous urban spaces: theoretical models, serious games and agent-based simulations
- 2015 – 2020: Lecturer in the Geography Department at Tel Aviv University, Israel
- 2013 – 2015: B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) in Geography at Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Ogulenko, A., Benenson, I., & Fulman, N. (2022) The Nature of The On-Street Parking Search. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 166.
- Geva, S., Fulman, N., & Ben-Elia, E. (2022). Getting the prices right: Drivers' cruising choices in a serious parking game. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 165.
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. (2021). Approximation of Search Times for On-street Parking Based on Supply and Demand. Transportation Science, 55(5).
- Sadeh, S., Brauer, M., Dankner, R., Fulman, N., & Chudnovsky, A. (2021). Remote sensing metrics to assess exposure to residential greenness in epidemiological studies: a population case study from the Eastern Mediterranean. Environment International, 146.
- Fulman, N., Benenson, I., & Ben-Elia, E. (2020). Modeling Parking Search Behavior in the City Center: A Game-Based Approach. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 120.
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. (2019). Establishing heterogeneous parking prices for uniform parking availability for autonomous and human-driven vehicles. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, 11(1), pp. 15-28.
- Benenson, I., & Fulman, N. (2021) "The simple complex phenomenon of urban parking." Upcoming edited volume. Edited by Juval Portugali.
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. (2020) "Establishing and assessing adaptive parking prices in a city: Algorithms, software and examples." Parking regulation and management: The emerging tool for a sustainable city. Edited by Daniel Albalate, and Albert Gragera, pp. 46-61, Routledge.
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. Spatially-explicit toolset for establishing and assessing heterogeneous parking prices in the smart city. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference Smart Data, Smart Cities (SDSC 2020). ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences 6 (2020): 63-70.
- Fulman, N., Benenson, I., & Ben-Elia, Eran. To quit or to cruise? Modeling parking search decisions based on serious games. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation (ATT 2020), held in conjunction with ECAI 2020. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2701, pp. 24-30 (2020).
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. Agent-based modeling for transportation planning: A method for estimating parking search time based on demand and supply. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Agents in Traffic and Transportation (ATT 2018). CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2129, pp. 31-39 (2018).
- Fulman, N., & Benenson, I. Simulating parking for establishing parking prices. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2017). Procedia Computer Science, 109, pp. 911-916 (2017).
Editor: Webmaster Team
Latest Revision: 2023-03-11