- volunteered geographic information (VGI)
- crowdsourcing geographic information
- geoinformation systems for disaster management and humanitarian aid
- integration of authoritative and non-authoritative datasets
- Open Flood Risk Map: A decision support system based on user-generated spatial data for communities in support of emergency response planning in flood management
- 3D-MAPP: 3D-MicroMapping of Big 3D Geo-Datasets in the Web
- Crowd FDA – Crowdsourcing for Forensic Disaster Analysis
- since 2016: Research Assistant, GIScience Research Group, Heidelberg University
- 07/2014: Bachelor of Science, Geography, Heidelberg University
- since 2013: Student Assistant, GIScience Research Group, Heidelberg University
- Porto de Albuquerque, J., B. Herfort, A. Brenning, A. Zipf (2015): A Geographic Approach for Combining Social Media and Authoritative Data towards Improving Information Extraction for Disaster Management: A Study on the Twitter usage in the River Elbe Flood of June 2013. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, volume and issue pending, pp. pending. Taylor & Francis. DOI: 10.1080/13658816.2014.996567.
- ASSIS, L. F. F. G., HERFORT, B., STEIGER, E., HORITA, F. E. A., ALBUQUERQUE, J. P. (2015). Geographical prioritization of social network messages in near real-time using sensor data streams: an application to floods. XVI Brazilian Symposium on Geoinformatics (GEOINFO). Campos do Jordão, SP, Brazil.
- Assis, L. F. F. G.; Herfort, B.; Steiger, E.; Horita, F. E. A.; Albuquerque, J. P. (2015): A geographic approach for on-the-fly prioritization of social-media messages towards improving flood risk management. Accepted for 4th Brazilian Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining (BraSNAM). Recife, Brazil.
- HERFORT, B., ECKLE, M., ALBUQUERQUE, J. P., ZIPF, A. (2015). Towards assessing the quality of volunteered geographic information from OpenStreetMap for identifying critical infrastructures. ISCRAM 2015 – 12th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management. Kristiansand, Norway.
- Schelhorn, S., Albuquerque, J.P., Zipf, A., Leiner, R. & Herfort, B. (2014): Identifying Elements at Risk from OpenStreetMap: The Case of Flooding. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) 2014, State College, Pennsylvania.
- Herfort, B., Albuquerque, J. P., Schellhorn, S. & Zipf, A. (2014): Exploring the geographical relations between social media and flood phenomena to improve situational awareness: A study about the River Elbe Flood in June 2013. 17th AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science: Connecting a Digital Europe through Location and Place.
- Herfort, B., Schelhorn, S. Albuquerque, J.P. & Zipf, A. (2014): Does the spatiotemporal distribution of tweets match the spatiotemporal distribution of flood phenomena? A study about the River Elbe Flood in June 2013. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) 2014, State College, Pennsylvania. USA.
Letzte Änderung: 30.01.2019