Mohammed Rizwan Khan
Mohammed Rizwan Khan is a Research Software Developer at the Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT), part of the GIScience Research Group at the Institute of Geography in Heidelberg. 9+ years of experience in developing Web Based Geospatial solutions in Telecom, Power and Transportation domains using Open Source tools.
- heiMAP. Development of an online research platform for project and data management and for the collaborative work with and on historical maps and geographic information in the humanities.
- Spatial OfflineNEXT – An offline solution to replace existing Spatial Offline application which reduced the time of usage from hours to minutes.
- R-APDRP (ZenGeo), Kerela State Electricity Board - The focus of the project is on actual, demonstrable performance in terms of sustained loss reduction. Giving user a map representation for understanding, maintaining, editing, and enhancing electrical network using Open Source GIS solutions.
- Vehicle Tracking & Monitoring System, KSRTC - Tracking and monitor their fleet of vehicle at State level
- Mysore MITRA, KSRTC - Tracking and monitor their fleet of vehicle at City level with commuter portal
- Transport Info Service, ITS Planning & Engineering - This application is for giving registered user a pro-active or requested alert for any Traffic related problems on registered route/area. Application hosts with the PostGIS/PostgreSQL database with road network data of few Indian city. Delhi -Gurgaon area. It implements routing algorithms against this database. The road network data in the database have speed limits.
- Web GIS Framework for building Web GIS Application - This Project was a proof of concept that using Opensource tools & technology a Geoportal can be built for the public use. The Project contain Various Module as Campus Visualizer, Attribute Query, Spatial Query, Volunteering GIS, Mobile GIS & Sensor based Network.
- Prakasam Geoportal, JNTU (Hyderabad) - A modern approach to Geoportals as compared to their older Geoportal (http://www.prakasamdtgeoportal.com/) which was not using any OGC standards. The Project has facilities of interactive visualizer & Attribute Query
- Ganga River Basin Management Project, Pan-IIT - A Pan-IIT initiative for the betterment of River Ganga, GISE Lab from IIT Bombay is a part of Geospatial Database Group. This project has eight thematic groups associated and we were in a process of understanding their requirements for database schema and system design.
- Web mapping
- 3D Visualization
- Full-Stack Software Development
- 07/2018 – Present: Research Software Developer at GIScience Research Group, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- 03/2016 – 06/2018 Synchronoss Technologies, Bangalore, India
- 11/2013 – 03/2016 Enzen Global Solutions, Bangalore, India
- 06/2012 – 11/2013 CMC Ltd. (Now TCS), Bangalore, India
- 10/2011 – 06/2012 Avineon India Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India
- 10/2009 – 10/2011 Geospatial Information Science and Engineering (GISE) Lab of IIT Bombay, India
- 06/2003 – 06/2008 Master of Science (MSc) in Information Technology at University of Mumbai, India. Thesis: GPS Based Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)
- “GIS-Based Smart Campus System using 3D Modelling” at Geospatial Science Forum 2011
- “A Framework for Web-Based GIS Application” at 2nd ISPRS Workshop conducted by SFU, Canada