Dr. Mohammed Zia
Dr. Mohammed Zia is a Research Associate and Software Developer at the Heidelberg Institute of Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT), part of the GIScience Research Group at the Institute of Geography in Heidelberg.
- 01/2018 – Present: HeiMAP
- Full-Stack Software Development
- Volunteered Geographic Information and Urban Planning
- Big Geodata Visualization
- Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling in GIS/RS
- 05/2018 – Present: Research Associate and Software Developer at GIScience Research Group, University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- 10/2017 – 01/2018: Telemetry Engineer at Mapbox INC., USA.
- 09/2013 – 11/2017: Geospatial Developer at ITU GIS Research Centre, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- 05/2011 – 08/2011: Junior Research Assistant at HEAD Lab, University of Western Ontario, Canada.
- 12/2017 – Present: United Nations Remote Volunteer, Crowd2Map, Tanzania.
- 05/2017 – Present: Editor, Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference Proceedings Journal.
- 02/2014 – 01/2018: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Geomatics Engineering Department, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Thesis: Extending OpenStreetMap usage for Advanced Routing Services.
- 08/2008 – 06/2013: Integrated Masters in Geological Technology, Department of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. Masters Thesis: SAR Interferometry for Earthquake Induced Ground Deformational Studies.
- Zia, M., Cakir, Z., Seker, D. Z., 2018. Turkey OpenStreetMap Dataset - Spatial Analysis of Development and Growth Proxies. Open Geosciences (In-press).
- Zia, M., Ozyildirim, O., Seker, D. Z., Cakir, Z., 2018. Improving OpenStreetMap Derived Road Length On A GlobalScale Using Curve Fitting Approach. Cartographica (Accepted).
- Zia, M., Cakir, Z., Seker, D. Z., 2018. Spatial Transformation of Equality-Generalized Travelling Salesman Problem to Travelling Salesman Problem. International Journal of Geo-Information, 7(3), 115, DOI: 10.3390/ijgi7030115
- Zia, M., 2017. A New Spatial Approach for Efficient Transformation of Equality - Generalized TSP to TS. FOSS4G Conference Proceedings (Scholarworks), 17(5), DOI: 10.7275/R53B5XBG.
- Zia, M., Sharma, K., Saraf, A. K., Das, J., Baral, S., Das, M., 2013. Ground Deformational Studies using ALOS-PALSAR Data between 2007 and 2010 of the Central Kutch Area, Gujarat, India. Natural Hazards, 71(3), 1379-1388, DOI: 10.1007/s11069-013-0947-9.
- Saraf, A. K., Rawat, V., Das, J. D., Zia, M., Sharma, K., 2011. Satellite Detection of Thermal Precursors of Yamnotri, Ravar and Dalbandin Earthquakes. Natural Hazards, 61(2), 861-872, DOI: 10.1007/s11069-011-9922-5.
- Saraf, A. K., Zia, M., Das J. D., Sharma, K., Rawat, V., 2011. False Topographic Perception Phenomena observed with the satellite images of Moon’s surface. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32(24), 9869-9877, DOI: 10.1080/01431161.2010.550950.
- Zia, M., 2017. A New Spatial Approach for Efficient Transformation of Equality - Generalized TSP to TSP. Oral Presentation at Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Annual Conference, Boston, USA. Geo4All Best Student Paper Award.
- Zia, M., 2017. An Attempt to Identify and Visualize the "Most-Used-Road-Segment" in a City. Poster Presentation at Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Annual Conference, Boston, USA.
- Zia, M., 2016. Spatial Evolution of OpenStreetMap Dataset in Turkey. Oral Presentation at GeoAdvances – ISPRS Workshop on Multi-Dimensional and Multi-Scale Spatial Data Modeling, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Zia, M., 2016. 3rd Degree Polynomial Curve Fitting Approach to Improve OSM derived Curved Road Lengths. Oral Presentation at Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Europe, Brussels, Belgium.
- Zia, M., 2013. High Altitude Stationary Clouds Detection Algorithm as an Earthquake Precursor using MODIS Terra/Aqua Satellite Data. Poster Presentation at European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers Conference and Exhibition, London, UK.
- Zia, M., 2011. Satellite Detection of Thermal Precursors of Yamnotri (India), Ravar (Iran) and Dalbandin (Pakistan) Earthquakes. Poster Presentation at Gordon Research Conference and Seminar on Catchment Sciences, Maine, USA.
- Zia, M., 2011. Qualitative Assessment of Linear and Quadratic Transformations in Georeferencing of Satellite Imagery. Poster Presentation at European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers Conference and Exhibition, Vienna, Austria.
- Zia, M., 2009. False Topographic Perception Phenomena and its presence on Moons Surface. Poster Presentation at European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers Conference and Exhibition, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.