Dr. Erik Tijdeman
Erik Tijdeman is a postdoctoral researcher at the professorship in Hydrology and Climatology at the University of Heidelberg. Previously, he studied hydrology and quantitative water management at the University of Wageningen and he did his PhD at the University of Freiburg on the topic of natural and human influences on streamflow droughts.
- Drought propagation
- Drought identification and characterization
- Natural and human influences on hydrological drought
- Large sample hydrology
- Hydrological modelling
Drought impacts, processes and resilience: making the invisible visible (DRIeR)
- Tijdeman, E., Barker, L. J., Svoboda, M. D., and Stahl, K. (2018): Natural and human influences on the link between meteorological and hydrological drought indices for a large set of catchments in the contiguous United States, Water Resources Research, 54, 6005-6023, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017WR022412
- Tijdeman, E., Hannaford, J., and Stahl, K. (2018): Human influences on streamflow drought characteristics in England and Wales, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 22, 1051-1064, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-22-1051-2018
- Tijdeman, E., Bachmair, S., and Stahl, K. (2016): Controls on hydrologic drought duration in near-natural streamflow in Europe and the USA, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 20, 4043-4059, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-20-4043-2016
- Beckers, J. V. L., Weerts, A. H., Tijdeman, E., and Welles, E. (2016): ENSO-conditioned weather resampling method for seasonal ensemble streamflow prediction, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 20, 3277-3287, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-20-3277-2016
- Van Loon, A. F., Tijdeman, E., Wanders, N., Van Lanen, H. A., Teuling, A. J., & Uijlenhoet, R. (2014): How climate seasonality modifies drought duration and deficit, J Geophys Res Atmospheres, 119(8), 4640-4656, https://doi.org/10.1002/2013JD020383
Tijdeman, E., supervised by Stahl, K. & Tallaksen, L. M. (2017): Natural and human influences on streamflow drought: implications for drought characterization and monitoring and early warning
- Tijdeman, E., E., Maurer, V., Kraft, M., Blauhut, V., Stahl, K., Menzel, L. (2018). Die Entwicklung der Dürre 2018 in Baden-Württemberg vor dem Hintergrund der von Trockenheit ausgehenden Gefahren. Statuskolloquium des Förderprogramms Wasserforschung Baden-Württemberg, 8-9 October 2018, Stuttgart, Germany (poster).
- Tijdeman, E., Barker, L., Hannaford, J., & Stahl, K. (2018). Screening large streamflow datasets for human-induced changes in drought characteristics. EGU General Assembly, 8-13 April 2018, Vienna, Austria (oral).
- Tijdeman, E., Stahl, K., & Tallaksen, L. M. (2018). Sensitivity of the Standardized Streamflow Index for drought to the choice of probability distribution, parameter estimation method and high-flow magnitude. EGU General Assembly, 8-13 April 2018, Vienna, Austria (poster).
- Tijdeman, E., Hannaford, J., Stahl, K., Svoboda, M. (2016): Human influences affect streamflow drought characteristics in the UK and US. AGU Fall Meeting, December 2016, San Francisco, USA (oral).
- Tijdeman, E., Stahl, K. and Bachmair, S. (2015): Impacts of anthropogenic activities on different hydrological drought characteristics. Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU General Assembly, 12-17 April 2015, Vienna, Austria (poster).
- Tijdeman, E., Stahl, K. and Bachmair, S., Hannaford, J. (2014): Drought Duration Curves: a method to quantify and explain differences in droughts. EGU Leonardo HYPER Droughts conference, 13-14 November 2014, Prague, Czech Republic (poster).